The Perfect Afternoon in London: in and around Borough Market

London: borough market  tortelloni wild boarfresh oysters  London: borough marketmini pies  London: borough market  turkish delightBorough Market: tortelloni wild boar, fresh oysters, various pastries, mini pies, ice tea, turkish delight
Borough Market is one of London's largest food markets and sells a variety of delicious goods from all over the world. Kind of a foodie's heaven. It's right by the River Thames, and a short walk from many attractions in South Bank.

I slept in on a Friday and arrived at Borough Market around noon; sampled a variety of snacks, had freshly cooked Tortelloni Wild Boar from the pasta stand, La tua pasta, and treated myself to a refreshing iced tea. Although the market is pretty small, it's full of warm colors and wonderful smells—definitely overwhelmed my senses and sent me straight to my happy place.

Afterwards, I walked along the Thames, passed by the London Bridge, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, the Millennium Bridge, and ended my day browsing through exhibitions at Tate Modern. It was the perfect afternoon for me (I don't like to cram a lot of things into my travels :p). Feel free to reverse my itinerary, start your day at Tate Modern, slowly work your way to Borough Market and end your day with great food! Or, if you are an ambitious traveler, try the London South Bank Walk created by wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment